• Noosa – Walk On By -This ambient jam came on of blog stream this past week on a lazy, hot summer night. Smooth listening with a touch of somberness to make sure you’re not TOO optimistic about life (high five emo).
• Patsy Cline – She’s Got You – Heard this one on my Summer Sunday Songza session and almost had to sit down. The same thing happened when I heard Otis Redding’s "This Heart of Mine." Hard to explain what’s going on with songs like this, but I like it. In a world where time is seemingly the most precious commodity we all have, this song melts it away effortlessly.
Oh man we’ve all been there. Funny how the older generation looks at the young people and says we’re screwed, yet they’re the ones making these kind of comments. Sick hip hop song at the end, though. Lots of fire this week – John Brown’s Body last night & maxing out on entrepreneurship. Saw some great TGIF Jams readers last weekend, glad to see the jams making their way across the country.
• Dillon Francis – I.D.G.A.F.O.S.- Fun little electro jam with a side serving of mild dubstep. Reminds me of an amusement park for adults, kind of like the Playboy Mansion with something groovy in the punch. If you can relate to the above video, you’re not going to like this song.
• Martin Solvig & Dragonette – Big In Japan – This power couple is back for another Smash, this time bringing it to the far East. These guys are definitely on my 2012 bucket list for live music – my goodness that would be fun.
I saw this video floating around and thought it was pretty great. I’m a big fan of local and organic food – pumped to see Willie making moves on that. Have a great weekend and enjoy the fall air!
• Penguin Prison – Don’t F*ck With My Money – Easily top 3 of the year. An incredibly catchy beat, with a title that should be Trump’s next book. In the words of a true legend: “This song will be played full blast on the Pacific Coast Highway en route to Laguna Beach (in a convertible).”
Straight out of West Hollywood – TGIFjams hits the big stage in front of a 2,500 person crowd. Absolutely epic. No words. Awesome! PS if you want a shirt, you can buy one here (TGIFjams t-shirts) Don’t worry I don’t make any money on these.
• Randy Newman – It’s Money That Matters – All I can think about is a huge crowd of people singing this with smiles on their face in the 80s. This is so incredibly feel good, esp as a small businss owner. It’s money that matters in the USA!
The music blog built on getting you to the weekend using fresh, new music and artists. Genres range from hip-hop to top 40 to acoustic to electronic to pop. Discover new jams and take a break from the grind via youtube music
All tracks on this site have been uploaded purely for personal use and should be deleted after 48 hours. The copyright of all tracks used remains with the original copyright holders unless stated otherwise. Tracks will be gladly removed from the site at the request of any offended parties - please contact me.